SMARTCASE - Soluzioni innovative MultifunzionAli peR l’otTimizzazione dei Consumi di energiA primaria e della vivibilità indoor nel Sistema Edilizio
The Smartcase Project - Soluzioni innovative MultifunzionAli peR l’otTimizzazione dei Consumi di energiA primaria e della vivibilità indoor nel Sistema Edilizio, aims at finding new solutions to reduce energy consumption from non-renewable sources and increase quality of life in the building. The project foresees research, actions, and prototypes for both existing and new buildings and is based on the main features of the existing building stock in the Campania Region (South Italy). Refurbishment of existing buildings is a very important part of the research work, considering the great number of outdated buildings, both in Italy and in the Campania Region, in need of overall improvement.
The project’s goals are the following:
- Development of technologies able to reduce by 20% energy consumption in buildings, by means of renewable energy systems;
- Development of high performance door, windows and walls/building envelopes able to reduce by 20% energy consumption for heating purpose;
- Research on new building materials to be produced with less energy (20%) compared to conventional materials;
- Development of a software platform to collect energy consumption data at urban scale, to help plan and manage interventions to increase energy performance in buildings;
- 2 demonstrators in Campania, an Italian region, which foresee construction of houses featuring the findings (envelopes, windows, doors, etc.) of the research.
Duration: 4 years (2013-2017)